Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hello My Familia!

I received a bunch of letters from you all! They were written on September 9ish. I LOVED reading them all. I read them all on the way to Montevideo early this morning. We traveled to Montevideo this morning to figure some things out with my visa. Sometimes I cant believe that I am here...living in South America in Uruguay! Who would have thought? Its so fun being in Montevideo...the city. 

It sounds like you all had a blast in Buttonwillow this week. I have such good memories at that place! Thank you for sending letters to Hermana Chavez! She is really needing some encouragement and it is so hard for her, or anyone, not to have much support from home. It was funny because after I asked you guys, I forgot that she wont be able to understand because of the spanish barrier. But its okay, because she is learning english! She is such a sweetheart and has really gone through a lot of trials in her life. Her testimony is so firm and she is such a great missionary. Her email address is leydi.chavez at myldsmailnet. She will love having emails waiting for her in her inbox next Monday

Dad, in your email you mentioned to look how far i have come in these short 3 months and oh boy is that so true! This morning in Montevideo, I was talking with a group of latino missionaries...IN SPANISH! I had to stop for a second and think, "Holy Cow! I am carrying on a conversation with someone in SPANISH!" All I can say is that Heavenly Father is a God of miracles because i know that it is only through his help that I am able to understand and speak. ¡El idioma es muy dificil todavia, pero mi encanta espaƱol! 

Este semana ha sido una semana de milagros but it has also been a very trying week. I want these emails to be real...and I want you to know the truth of how I am learning and growing. I have learned the cure to a bad day...Go to work and think about someone else! And you know what? As soon as I did that, my day instantly turned better. I am not here in Uruguay for myself, I am here servir otras personas! This mission is turning me into a completely selfless person. Being a missionary is a completely selfless way of life. I love it. I feel like a completely different person than I was before. I love my mission and I am so happy. 

I have also learned the importance of MEMBERS! Members are amazing in missionary work and they make a huge difference in the investigadores. I know you are all awesome member missionaries! Invite invite invite, go out with the missionaries, etc. We had an awesome experience this week with a member couple this week with a Jehovah Witness. His name is David. Because the members were there and shared their testimonies, David commited to come to church and to learn more about the gospel!!! The members bore such powerful testimonies and really touched Davids heart. A Testigo too! You know how testigos are, so it was really awesome! 

The work is moving forward. Give everyone my love and have a great week! 

¡Les Quiero!

Hermana Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment