Thursday, August 1, 2013

We love you Hermana Coon


My dear family!
 
Wow! What a treat it was for me to open my inbox and see so many unread emails!!! That is the best feeling in the world! Happy first day of school, girls! Your new school is so beautiful and you both looked so cute in your new uniforms. I liked the ribbons in your hair a lot! I hope your first day went well today and I hope you love your teachers! Wow James, I cant believe all the hard classes you are taking and way to go on getting your eagle project done! Dad and James...you get to go to ALASKA!? That is awesome! Girl weekend for sure, right mom?? Oh man and I could definitely go for some frozen yogurt right now. This has never happened before in my life, but my comps and I crave sweets all the time. Their treats here just dont compare to the ones from home. Actually, right now I could go for one of your big, mouthwatering cinnamon rolls right now, mom! haha.
 
Sounds like it was a good week in Gilbert....it was a good week here in Argentina, too! I just cannot believe that its been a whole month already, and it kinda makes me a little sad to think that I only have 17 more months of my mission left! haha. Time is cruising, especially here at the CCM! I feel like all the days run together. The days are long, but the weeks are so fast here. So last Sunday was a great Sabbath day. Every week, every missionary must prepare a talk on the assigned topic and then at sacrament meeting, the mission president, President Openshaw, randomly calls 5 missionaries to speak. The talks must be written all in spanish. Last weeks topic was charity. After the sacrament, they called the missionaries who were going to speak, and sure enough, they called "Hermana Coon." Ah I was so nervous! I had my talk prepared in spanish, but I was so nervous to get up in front of all the Norte Americano missionaries here and speak solamente en español! All I could do was rely on the Lord for help and guidance because my spanish is not the best. I got up there, and words just started to flow out of my mouth. I dont even know what I said! All I know is that I felt the spirit and I hope others in the congregation did too. It was a really neat experience. I play the piano a lot here too for different devotionals when members of the seventy come, different meetings, and church. It reminds me of home...and I love it!
 
I had the most awesome dream last night! I dreamed in SPANISH! First time since being here! Wahoo!
 
So every two weeks, each missionary has an interview with their district leader. I was meeting with Elder Lambert, and he was asking me how I was doing and how my stress level is. I told him that I wasnt really stressed at all, that I have faith that Heavenly Father will help me learn the language as long as I am trying my best and doing my part. I told him that I have complete trust in Him. Elder Lamberts jaw dropped. He is super stressed. and he asked me how and why I am like that? How do you have that kind of attitude? I told him that I didnt know, I think it was how I was raised! Thank you, mom and dad for being so positive and uplifting all the time. It is helping so much for me on my mission have the kind of attitude that you have. There is no need to stress, we are doing the Lords work! Although, I have learned that theres is no need to compare myself with others. We all have different strengths. I look at my companions, and it would be so easy to compare myself to them if I let myself, but I try really hard not to.
 
Well, only one more email from me until I am out in the REAL mission field. Its crazy! Way to go on your awesome missionary experiences at home! I pray for you all every night. Thank you for praying for me and supporting me in all that I do! What a blessing! Please continue praying for this language to come and for me to be able to teach with the spirit in spanish. Its really difficult, but its coming, everyday my spanish is getting better and better and I am able to understand and speak more and more.
 
I love you all x 1,000,000!
 
Con amor,
Hermana Coon
 
p.s. PRETTY PLEASE, if you can, send me letters on DearElder.com! Letters are so fun to get and I would love to get some actual, physical letters from you that I can read multiple times. They print off the letters from Dear Elder every Pday!
 
p.s.s. Jessie and Josh are having a BOY!!! YAY! That is so exciting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment