Thursday, August 8, 2013

My last P-day at the MTC


Quierdo Familia,
 
I cannot believe that this is my last week here at the CCM! Part of me is really happy to finally leave, but part of me is sad. I have made so many great memories here...Buenos Aires will always have a special place in my heart. ha, my compañeras and I joke around all the time singing,"Its beginning to feel a lot like...prison!" (to the tune of the Christmas song) haha. Six weeks being in the same building in the same class with the same people is just a really long time! ¡Pero, esta bien!
 
It has been such a great birthday week! I welcomed my 20s with a bang! I loved being here at the CCM on my birthday. Theres not many people here, only about 90 people, so everyone knows eachother and sees eachother daily, and for some reason, everyone knew that it was my birthday! I received so many nice homemade cards with kind words, a decorated bedroom door, and lots of love! It was also my sweet sister friend, Hermana Woods´, birthday too! We had a lot of fun! Its going to be such a great year...I can feel it!
 
We went proselyting again last Saturday for the third time! We were in a new area and this time, the bus driver dropped my companionship and another off in the middle of a city, next to a gas station, and said, "Ciao, see you at 5¨!" and then we were off to fend on our own. We were lost and didnt know street names or anything, but miraculously, we found our area. Side note: People are the craziest drivers here...there are no rules for the road! My comps, Hma Gearing and Hma Gines, and I were in a very industrious area, and were having a difficult time finding people to talk to. We knocked on some doors, but no luck. We kept walking down a street and saw this man sitting on his door step. It looked like he was deep in thought. We all felt like we should talk to him...so thats what we did! His name is Adrian. We began talking, and ended up teaching him the whole first lesson on the Restauracion! The best part about it was right when we began teaching, his friend walked up and so we were able to teach both of them and give both of them Libros de Mormon and Restoracion pamphlet! It was so AWESOME! and they were so interested in what we had to say. After we taught, we each bore our testimonies (in spanish :)) I was telling Juan and Adrian that when I read the Book of Mormon and feel happiness and peace in my life, except I was struggling to find the word "peace" and Juan finished my sentence for me! It was so awesome because I felt like he got it! Thats what the gospel brings is happiness and peace into our lives. They commited to read the Book of Mormon and then we sent up a time to teach them again this Saturday! Its amazing to me to think that there are people who have never, ever heard of the gospel...ever! Something is my life, and they have no clue its out there! Juan and Adrian had never heard about Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon or Anything! They must be wondering whats more to life.
 
And you know whats so amazing? Its so amazing that this is my life! That my purpose is to bring others unto Christ and make others happier...that is my job now! Ah wow makes me so happy. 
 
Well, the doctor came yesterday, and I went to see him because I am still having problems with this itchy rash! The doctor was so nice when I was telling him what was wrong. He took one look at the red spots that are covering my body and he diagnosed me with "Pityriasis Rosea!" eek! He said that I have a virus and there is no cause to this virus! It lasts for about 4 to 6 weeks and theres no medicine or anything for me to take. It will go away on its own. Isnt that the strangest thing?
 
So our group of missionaries leaves the the MISSION FIELD on Tuesday morning! Im going to miss the CCM probably more than I think...the hot showers, the pluming, the nice cooks, my companions (love them!), my mtc president, the spirit that is here, my teachers, going to the temple every week, and even our real, but pretend investigators. I will now be in the real world immersed in the culture of Uruguay!
 
I love you family! Me amo! My next Pday wont be until Monday, Agosto 19th. (My pdays will be switched to Mondays now) Also, will you transfer some more money onto my debit...I dont really know how Im going to pay for things once I leave the CCM. Give everyone my love....Love you! Have a great week everyone!
 
Con Amor,
Hma Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment