Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First transfers!

HOLA!

I am so sorry that I was not able to write yesterday! My first transfer, first 6 weeks in the mission field, is officially finished! Yesterday, I had to travel to Tres Cruises, near Montevideo, to sign some papers for my visa. So, today is Pday! Last night, our district leader called us with the news of changes....and the news is...I am staying in PROGRESO with Hermana Harris still as my companion! We are really happy because we have some progessing investigators that we hope will be baptized sometime within these next couple of weeks! Our time here in Progreso is not finished!

Speaking of investigators, I want to tell you about a few of them...

1.) Monica and her two hijos, Carlos y Angel. Monica is the sweetest lady. I wish you could all see her house. For work, she sews things at the street markets. We have been teaching her for about a month now, but her progress is very slow. She believes and knows el Libro de Mormon is verdadero, but she is struggling with her compromisos of reading everyday. BUT, she did come to church on Sunday, which is a HUGE step! We were so happy!

2.) Graciela. Graciela is living in pareja with a menos activo. She has two of the most darling little kids and she has been angry with God all her life because her mother died when she was young. We have had lessons on how God is our LOVING Heavenly Father. Very powerful. We are hoping she makes the right decision to move out of the house or to get married to her boyfriend.

3.) Melanie and Frederico. There mom is a menos activo of 11 years. They are such great kids!

I really wish that I had more time this week to write. Thank you SO much for your emails this week and for your encouragement and love. I LOVE YOU!

¡Ciao! Besos!

Hermana Coon!








Before I forget, mom, could you send me some stamps to write letters? Also, I definitely am in need of some dietary supliments or something. They dont eat vegetables here or anything healthy for that matter. I am dying...my poor intestines! Also, could you get Megan Rowe and Old Man Marv´s address for me so I can write them some letters? And could you put some more money on my debit card? I dont really know how much I have on it...could you maybe tell me the amount? Cant believe Grant, Elder Boyd, is 21 years old! Grandma wrote me and said she wants to knit me a hat...I WOULD LOVE THAT! Cream wouuld be awesome! Tell her thank you and that I love her!

I wish I could reply back to all of your emails, but one hour is so short! LOVE YOU ALL! xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment